OASIS Scholarship 2020 online application is going to start very soon. Here all the information on Oasis scholarship 2020 last date. West Bengal government provides lot of scholarships to the students in every year. Here we are going to discuss how to apply for Oasis scholarship 2020.
The eligibility criteria, the last date and all other essential requirements we are going to discuss over here. Also we have mentioned how you can track the Oasis scholarship status.
Oasis Scholarship 2020
The backward class welfare department, Government of West Bengal provides Oasis scholarship for underprivileged students. Oasis scholarship is only for the minority students such as SC ST and OBC categories.
|1.||Scholarship name||Oasis Scholarship|
|3.||Issuing Authority||BDO or PO cum DWO|
|4.||Eligible Students||9th to Post Graduate|
This scholarship is applicable from 9th standard students to post graduate students. The scholarship application process is totally based on online. The main objective of the scholarship is to help the underprivileged meritorious students. Oasis scholarship helps the students financially for their higher studies. Oasis scholarship 2020 is categorised in pre-matric and post-matric scholarship.
The students who are currently studying in 9th, 10th, HS, UG, PG, Engineering, Medical, LLB and more other courses, they can apply for this scholarship.
Also read: Aikyashree Scholarship Application Process
Oasis pre-matric scholarship for 9th and 10th standard students. Here is a quick overview on Oasis scholarship.
Oasis Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Oasis scholarship deserving students must needs to meet the eligibility guidelines to get the scholarship. All the eligibility criteria and essential documents are mentioned below.
- Oasis scholarship is only applicable for SC ST and OBC students.
- The student must have the proper caste certificate to get the Oasis scholarship.
- The annual family income of SC or ST student should not exceed 2.5 lacs.
- The annual family income of OBC student should be limited in 1 lakh.
- The deserving student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
A 9th or 10th standard SC or ST student is eligible for pre-matric Oasis scholarship 2020. A HS, UG or PG student is eligible for post-matric Oasis scholarship.
Oasis scholarship is given to the students according to their financial condition and educational merit.
Oasis Scholarship Amount
The 9th and 10th standard students and HS, UG, PG students come into the pre-matric and post-matric Oasis scholarship scheme respectively. The pre-matric and post-matric OASIS scholarship amount discussed below.
- A day scholar candidate will receive 150 rupees per month for 10 months and 750 rupees per year (Pre-matric).
- A hosteller will receive 750 rupees per month for 10 months and 1000 rupees per year (Pre-matric).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 550 rupees per month (Engineering, Medical, PhD, MPhil, LLM – SC or ST students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 1200 rupees per month (Engineering, Medical, PhD, MPhil, LLM – SC or ST students).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 530 rupees per month (LLB, BNursing, Hotel Management – SC or ST students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 820 rupees per month (LLB, BNursing, Hotel Management – SC or ST students).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 300 rupees per month (General courses Honours – SC or ST students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 750 rupees per month (General courses Honours – SC or ST students).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 230 rupees per month (11th, 12th, Diploma, ITI – SC or ST students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 750 rupees per month (11th, 12th, Diploma, ITI – SC or ST students).
WB Oasis Scholarship Amount for OBC Students
Oasis scholarship 2020 amount is less for OBC students compared to SC or ST students. Here we have mentioned the scholarship amount according to the different educational courses.
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 350 rupees per month (Engineering, Medical, PhD, MPhil, LLM – OBC students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 750 rupees per month (Engineering, Medical, PhD, MPhil, LLM – OBC students).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 335 rupees per month (LLB, BNursing, Hotel Management – OBC students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 510 rupees per month (LLB, BNursing, Hotel Management – OBC students).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 210 rupees per month (General courses Honours – OBC students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 400 rupees per month (General courses Honours – OBC students).
- A day scholar candidate will receive up to 160 rupees per month (11th, 12th, Diploma, ITI – OBC students).
- A hosteller will receive up to 260 rupees per month (11th, 12th, Diploma, ITI – OBC students).
Oasis Scholarship 2020 Application Process
At first the student needs to visit the Oasis scholarship application portal (oasis.gov.in). There are five icons on the website homepage. A new candidate needs to click on student’s registration for fresh application. After this a web page will be appeared containing all the district names of West Bengal. Choose your district from the list and go ahead for the next process.
In the next page the candidate will be asking to enter name, father’s name and caste certificate details. After entering all these things properly click on submit and go ahead.
Also read: Top 20 Best West Bengal Scholarship
Then a new page will be appeared asking all the details about the candidate. Fill all the details properly such as institution name, date of birth, sub-caste and many other things. In this page you need to upload your scanned photo before submitting the form. After filling up all these queries click on submit.
Oasis 2020 Acknowledgement Slip
In the next page Oasis 2020 acknowledgement slip will be generated. This slip will be helpful for next login. Basically acknowledgement slip contains User ID and password. Those numbers are required whenever you forgot your password or login again. Keep this acknowledgement slip carefully to renew Oasis scholarship or to login in future.
Now visit the website homepage (oasis.gov.in) and click on the second icon, registered student login. Here you need to enter your user ID and password which you have got in acknowledgement slip.
After being login successfully you need to enter few more details such as communication address, institution details and bank accounts. It is necessary to enter the bank details with proper account number and IFSC code.
The bank details are really important to be correct. After filling all the details, recheck once again for MICR code, bank account number, bank name and IFSC code.
When you have completed the checking just click on verify and lock button. Once you have locked your account it will not be unlock again. It is recommended to be sure before lock the details.
Download the OASIS scholarship 2020 application form.
After locking your details you will be able to download the application form. The oasis application form will contain all the details according to your information what you have filled at the time of application.
Now you need to print the application form what you have downloaded. Sign on the printed application form and attach a photo on it. Keep a print out carefully for you to track the Oasis scholarship application status.
Documents required for Oasis scholarship
- Copy of printed Oasis application form
- A copy of Caste certificate
- Last examination mark-sheet and certificate
- A copy of aadhar card or voter card
- Family annual income certificate
- A copy of index page or first page of the bank passbook
Now you need to submit all the documents to the particular authority in Block Development Office (BDO) or PO cum DWO (Municipality area). After submitting your application you need to wait for the processing period.
Track Oasis Scholarship Application Status
You have applied for Oasis scholarship but know here how to track it. Oasis scholarship application status can be tracked using oasis.gov.in. Visit the website and click on the track application. Now you need to enter your application details. You can check the printed application form for such information.
Also read: Nabanna Scholarship Application Process
After filling your details click on the check status. Now you will be able to check OASIS scholarship application status easily. If you found the application status is processing, it means the application is still under process. If you found the application status sanctioned, it means the scholarship has been credited to your bank account.
Oasis Scholarship 2020 Renewal application
Oasis scholarship renewal application can be done through online. To renew the Oasis scholarship 2020 application, visit oasis.gov.in. Now you need to click on renew application button. After this follow the following steps to renew your OASIS scholarship application.
- Visit the website oasis.gov.in
- Click on Renew Application
- Enter your user ID, password and district
- Click on login
Now you will get all the information about you. If you want to update any information you can update it here. Now click on update and go ahead.
After this you need to click on renew and lock button. Now download the application form and take a printout.
You need to sign on the printed application form and attach your own photo on it. Now submit application form to the Block Development Office or PO cum DWO (Municipality area).
Once you have submitted your application form you need to wait for the processing period. In the processing period of Oasis scholarship all of your documents will be verified manually. If you found eligible for the scholarship then your scholarship will be sanctioned easily. It will take approx 8 months to get the scholarship.
When your scholarship gets sanctioned it will be directly credited to your bank account.
Oasis Scholarship 2020 Last Date
Oasis scholarship 2020 is not based on one time scholarship. This scholarship has a renewal process. Here are the few important dates related to the oasis scholarship last date, start date and renewal date.
|Application process starts from||June, 2020|
|Last date of online application||Sep, 2020|
|Last date of renewal application||Nov, 2020|
Oasis scholarship 2020 application is based on online. Hence all the candidates should be aware about the last date of fresh or renewal application.
Oasis Scholarship Helpline: +91 84200 23311. This is the official helpline for Oasis scholarship 2020.
Oasis Scholarship 2020 FAQs
Q. How much time required to verify scholarship documents through BDO or PO cum DWO?
Ans: It takes around two to three months to verify all the documents related to scholarship. After this the concern authority in BDO or PO cum DWO sends the copy to higher department to sanction the scholarship. Also you can read this information on Hazar Sangbad.
Q. Being general caste student, may I get Oasis scholarship?
Ans: No. Oasis scholarship is only for minority classes such as SC, ST and OBC.
Q. I don’t apply for Oasis pre-matric scholarship. Can I get the post-matric scholarship in HS?
Ans: Yes, if you don’t apply for the pre-matric scholarship, you may still get the post-matric scholarship.
If you still have any questions in your mind regarding the Oasis scholarship, comment below. We will let you know the solution of your problem as early as possible.